What is drop shipping?
Drop shipping is an amazing technique to earn some passive income sitting at home. The technique is very easy. You just need to have a seller account on an eCommerce site like eBay, Amazon, etc. Select a supplier like AliExpress. Do some product research to find out the best seller products. You can make a search in Google using the keyword for example, “bestseller, AliExpress”. Choose a best seller product. Suppose the product price is $50. Copy the product title. Start a new listing on eBay. Paste the title of your listing in the given box and get started. Suppose your set price for this product on eBay is $80.
Once you complete the listing on eBay for your chosen product, someone must order for it. By getting this order you will receive the shipping address of the buyer. Now, you make an order for this product in AliExpress using the shipping address of your buyer. AliExpress will send the product to your buyer’s address. You have to pay $50 to AliExpress. Your buyer will pay $80 for buying this product on eBay. Deducting all charges including PayPal, eBay, etc. you may earn a handsome profit for this product and this is known as drop shipping.
How to list a product on an eCommerce site?
To list a product on an eCommerce site for drop shipping is very much important. So you have to be careful since you are going to list something for sale. Suppose you want to list something on eBay. Before going to the listing you can check the average price offered on eBay for this particular product. This is very simple to do. Just copy the product title and search for the product on eBay using this exact title. eBay will provide you the results of your search. You will see the prices for this product offered on eBay. Now you can decide easily how much price you should fix for this particular product. Now you are ready for listing this product on eBay. Follow the steps below:
- Click on Sell of your eBay seller account;
- Copy and paste the product title that has been used on eBay for this product and gets started;
- Give a subtitle (if you want);
- Select a category;
- Add a second category (if you want);
- In fixed-price listing for multiple variations of your item, list all of them in one multi-quantity (if you want);
- Copy the UPC from AliExpress;
- Copy the Condition from AliExpress;
- Add some quality photos for your product;
- Check the option “Display a large photo in search results with Gallery Plus” (if you want);
- Copy the item specifics like Brand, Model, MPN, Serial Number, etc. from AliExpress;
- Copy the item description from AliExpress;
- Select your preferred format;
- Select the duration for your listing;
- Choose your preferred price;
- Choose the quantity you want to sell;
- Select your preferred payment option;
- Select the return options;
- Choose an option for domestic shipping (if the shipping is domestic);
- Choose an option for international shipping (if the shipping is international);
- Select the item location that means the location of where the product is going to be shipped; and
- Finally, click on the List item.
You just completed the listing of your preferred product on eBay. Now, wait until your product is sold.
How to drop ship?
You will get the chance to drop ship your listed product on eBay only when someone orders for this. You will receive the shipping address when the order is made by a customer of eBay. Now, this is the time for you to make an order for this product on AliExpress. Remember that when you order the product on AliExpress, you have to put the address provided by the customer of eBay for shipping. The seller on AliExpress will send the product to the address of the buyer on eBay. This is how you drop ship a product from the seller on AliExpress to the buyer on eBay.