What is freelancing?
Now a days, freelancing is a commonly used term for the people who want to do freelance job through the online workplace. There are so many online workplaces where millions of freelancers are meeting their employers and earning money with their best abilities. A freelancer, sitting at home can earn thousands of dollars just using a laptop/PC with moderate speed of internet. Just you have to know how to reach the online workplaces, bid a suitable work using your attractive profile, and return a quality output to your employer. You’ll learn each steps to be a successful freelancer very briefly from this article. First of all, you have to get clear idea of the online workplaces. I would like to introduce some top level online workplaces below.
Top level freelancing sites
1) Upwork: Upwork, formerly odesk is one of the most famous online workplaces. Freelacers with the skills like web design, mobile app design, graphic design, writing, sales & marketing, accounting, data entry, internet research, SEO, translation, etc. can start working at upwork anytime and earn money. Upwork pays high rates to its freelancers with highly secured payment method as well as escrow policy.
2) 99Designs: 99Designs is famous for graphic design. Freelancers can work at 99Designs and utilize their creativity in logo design, t-shirt design, packaging design, book cover design, business card design, etc. 99Designs pay attractive remuneration according to the level of skill with money back guarantee. Just join 99Designs to show your expertise on design.
3) Freelancer: Freelancer is a high paid freelancing site with the work opportunities of data entry, logo design,graphic design, website Design, translation, software development, HTML, PHP, internet marketing, wordpress, article writing, SEO, photoshop, excel work, etc. Freelancer ensures customer identity through proper documentation process which helps to prevent any disorder of money transferring.
4) Fiverr: Fiverr is also a renowned online workplace with high paid jobs. The great freelancers meet their wonderful clients to help them in graphic design, digital marketing, writing, translation, animation, programming, etc. Fiverr guarantees secure payment of all freelancers. In addition, fiverr ensures both employers’ and freelancers’ peace of mind.
5) Online Writing Jobs: Online writing jobs is a wonderful freelancing site where great writers meet renowned brands with the opportunities of SEO content writing, blog writing, copy-writing, subject based writing, etc. Online writing jobs also ensures secure money transfer on weekly basis. It pays higher to the freelancers who can write great English with the best style, tone, grammar, punctuation, and formatting.
What to do to start working with any freelancing site?
First of all, you have to choose the online workplace which suits you the most. Create a free account using your valid e-mail id. Follow all steps required by the freelancing site to verify your account. Make your profile 100% complete. Submit all of your valid portfolios, certificates, work experiences, educational qualifications, etc. Never submit any false document/false information. Remember that freelancing site will verify each and every document/information submitted by you. If any of them is found fake, you’ll be kicked out from all online workplaces forever.
Now, it’s time to set your payment method. Set your payment method following all requirements of the freelancing site. Remember that your name used in the freelancing site account should match with your name used in the payment method information.
Some freelancing sites may also ask you to attend some online based tests. Don’t hesitate to perform the online tests. The tests are almost like the aptitude tests on MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint, wordpress, web design, graphic design, software development, writing, vocabulary, SEO, internet research, analysis, and many more topics. Good scores in the online tests will make your profile strong and also help you to be in the top among thousands of bidders which may help you to find a job quickly.
How to be a great freelancer?
There are so many techniques to be a great freelancer. I would like to discuss the overall thing in some bullets. Remember that the following bullets are not the everything to be a great freelancer. However, the discussion will help you to better understand the whole process. Make your understanding more effective through your working experiences on any freelancing site. The below are the things you have to follow:
- Bid for a job if and only if the required skill to perform the job matches with you.
- Bid for both fixed rate and hourly rate jobs.
- In the initial stages bid for little lower payment term.
- Make your proposal brief, concise, and unique.
- Use correct English with appropriate grammar in your proposal.
- Don’t use copy paste technique in your proposal.
- Read the whole job post and make sure that you understand the job description before bid for this.
- Don’t start doing a job until you understand the job description 100%
- Ask questions to your employer. A good employer likes to answer any question from the freelancer.
- Try to submit a quality output.
- Work out on the assignment until you can satisfy your client.
- Submit your deliverable within the deadline.
- Increase your working experiences as well as your working hours.
- Try to do the long term jobs with your clients.
Hope to be a great freelancer if you can follow the above techniques.